Wednesday 25 March 2015

Conclusion

At the beginning of my blog I wanted to know why the visual representations of food were important and whether Acton was correct when stating food was ‘merely to please the eye’. The most important thing I have learnt is that using food as decoration has never really disappeared, and we have gradually become a culture who is obsessed with the look of food with the ever growing production of picture cookbooks, cook shows and ‘foodie’ films. With regards to food and change, it is clear that social and cultural changes have impacted the ways we look at food and look at animals as food. My experiment of cookbooks has shown me that it is most helpful cooking from both pictures and words; however picture cookbooks are less time consuming and fun to cook from. So if I had to choose one to cook from it would be the pictures.


Pinterest


Works Cited
Pinterest- “Simple Dora Star Cookies” < https://www.pinterest.com/pin/499969996102369411/>

Accessed 9/02/2015


No comments:

Post a Comment